|Resolution one: be more like Hobbes.|
By which I mean a tiger.
Everyone loves tigers.
Kidding aside, being a goal-oriented person myself, I happen to like New Year's resolutions. Okay, okay. Let's be honest. I like making lists. I like writing things down and then
This year, I failed to actually write down my New Year's resolutions beforehand. *gasp* But! I did make some, mentally. Of course it doesn't do me a lick of good to keep them in my head, so I'm going to jot them down here, right now. For the record. Also, because it's fun to look back at the end of the year and laugh.
1. Write and finish another book. At least one. Oh, heck, let's be ambitious and shoot for two.
2. Finish editing Machinations and/or Drop Dead. Or the as-yet-unwritten book, but really I'm so close with Machinations.
3. Send out queries for a book. I sent out queries for Drop Dead last year, no bites, but it was a great learning experience. Terrifying, but definitely an eye-opener to the real publishing world.
4. Get in shape/get healthier. I've been playing Just Dance 4. Baby steps.
5. Read more. Vague, but I think the point is best made simply. Last year I read 33 books, so my goal this year is to beat that number. There's so many wonderful books out right now. I consider this resolution a pleasure to undertake!
6. Write, write, write. And do it with 50% less angst! Okay... maybe 25% less. I don't know. I've perfected my tormented writer whine. It seems like such a waste to let it go.*
7. Learn to be more forgiving. I don't mean toward others so much as toward myself. Especially concerning my writing. It won't be perfect initially, and that's okay.
8. Be happy, be loving, live godly. I think that sums it up.
We'll see how I fare!
Have you made any New Year's resolutions this year? If so, do share!
*This is a joke. Mostly.
P.S. I will try try try to update this blog more often! I tend to get wrapped up in writing, or not-writing-and-wishing-I-was-writing, but I really think getting some thoughts out of my head and onto the blog will help relieve some pressure from my brain. So stay tuned!